Hiring a moving company is an important decision and you should not rush through the process. It is a time consuming job but definitely worth the effort as a good choice of professional movers can help can make the transition to a new place in a smooth and easy way.
Although there are many reliable and trustworthy moving companies, there are as many unreliable movers too in the market. There are many people who recount horror stories of bad experiences that they had after choosing a bad moving company. It is advisable to do a complete check so that you are able to determine whether the moving company that you hire is genuine.
Top 5 Things to Check before Hiring a Moving Company
- License – All professional moving companies are required to be licensed as per the specific state or local law. There are certain requirements that need to be met to get the license and if the company of your choice has a license then it means that it has fulfilled those specific requirements.
- Insurance – You should check the type of insurance that is offered and what is the cost. All professional movers need to assume liability for the value of household items (includes furniture) that they carry. Do not hesitate to ask questions regarding insurance as you may have to be compensated if your valuable possessions are lost or damaged.
- Estimate – You need to know whether the estimate that has been provided by the moving company is binding or non binding. The final charges may increase in a non-binding agreement and you need to be aware about it before signing the agreement.
- References – Ask for and check the references that have been provided. Call the customers and ask them specific questions about the type of service that has been provided. It is best not to avoid this as you might regret the decision later. You can also read reviews of the company online so that you are able to make an informed choice.
- Extra fees – Does the moving company charge extra fees for the services that are offered? Are there any hidden costs? The extra fees can be for going up and down stairs or parking the truck at a distance.
Apart from this you can also check to see if they offer discounts if you book during the less busy period. You can also ask questions about how the household items may be packed, loaded and unloaded. Do they provide special packing if the item is fragile. movers tulsa ok